Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a minimum investment amount to become a client?
We do not currently have minimum investment and it is at our discretion whom to work with and how. If we determine that our firm is not a good fit, we will guide you in the right direction based on our knowledge of other options in the marketplace.
How much does all this cost?
You can learn more about Ridgevale Financial Planning’s Investment Management fees here and our Financial Planning fees here. Our fee schedule has been carefully designed to be competitive in the marketplace and representative of more than 15 years of experience and the commitment of earning the Certified Financial Planner™ certification.
Are you a Fiduciary?
Yes. At all times, when providing Financial Advice to a Client, a CFP® professional must act as a fiduciary and, therefore, act in the best interests of the Client. The following duties must be fulfilled:
- Duty of Loyalty – A CFP® professional must:
- Place the interests of the Client above the interests of the CFP® professional and the CFP® Professional’s Firm
- Avoid Conflicts of Interest, or fully disclose Material Conflicts of Interest to the Client, obtain the Client’s informed consent, and properly manage the conflict
- Act without regard to the financial or other interests of the CFP® professional, the CFP® Professional’s Firm, or any individual or entity other than the Client, which means that a CFP® professional acting under a Conflict of Interest continues to have a duty to act in the best interests of the Client and place the Client’s interests above the CFP® professional’s
- Duty of Care – A CFP® professional must act with the care, skill, prudence, and diligence that a prudent professional would exercise in light of the Client’s goals, risk tolerance, objectives, and financial and personal circumstances.
- Duty to Follow Client Instructions – A CFP® professional must comply with all objectives, policies, restrictions, and other terms of the Engagement and all reasonable and lawful directions of the Client.